The CorporationThe Haliburton Highlands Family Health Team became a corporation under the Ontario Corporations Act on July 12, 2006. The Head Office is 7217 Gelert Road, Haliburton, Ontario. The charter objects for which it was incorporated are:
- To establish, equip, staff, maintain and operate a health facility for the purpose of:
a) providing primary care to the residents of the County of Haliburton and the northern portions of Peterborough County and the City of Kawartha Lakes; and
b) collaborating and integrating with other health care provider organizations to optimize the comprehensiveness and continuity of care provided to patients cared for by the Corporation;
c) providing education in respect of the health care needs and wellness of patients and the residents of the County of Haliburton and the northern portions of Peterborough County and the City of Kawartha Lakes;
- To support and undertake research in support of primary care and wellness;
- To undertake and participate in the development of projects, products and services relevant to the provision of primary care; and
- Any other purposes not inconsistent with these objects.
Please see Board of Directors for an introduction to our Board of Directors.
Our VisionWe see a healthier Haliburton Highlands in which individuals make healthier choices, are able to manage their health and enjoy optimal wellness.
Our MissionWe are committed to a healthy community. Through partnerships, we will build individual and community capacity to achieve optimal health.
We value the client's right to decide what direction to take in their health plan based on complete and accurate information. We will support clients in their health journey, providing resources, information, encouragement and advocacy as needed. We plan our services to meet the need of our community and clients.
We value others, whether they are a client, a colleague, a family or a group. We show respect by listening, being inclusive in planning, honouring decisions and being non-judgemental.
We value honest dialogue. We will clearly communicate our message to our clients, partners and community. In turn, we will listen carefully to our clients, partners and community and invite their input and participation in the delivery of our services.
Our Strategic Directions
- To meet the primary health care needs of the residents in the Haliburton Highlands;
- To improve access to primary health care and close gaps in services;
- To reduce barriers to healthy living and primary health care for the residents of the Haliburton Highlands;
- To enhance the coordination and integration of health care within Haliburton Highlands;
- To coordinate and facilitate health referrals outside of the Haliburton Highlands;
- To collaborate with community partners to address the social determinants of health as they relate to the residents of the Haliburton Highlands;
- To contribute towards the improved health status of the residents of the Haliburton Highlands through the provision of comprehensive primary care, health promotion and chronic disease management.